New hires in social games: Wooga, East Side Games and Akamon
Due to recent changes in the way Linkedin displays hiring information we have have changed the format of our weekly new hires posts. Companies who want their new hires included in the post must contact us directly at mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com.
Hiring in the social games sector was up this week with 20 new hires overall between five companies. Akamon reported the most activity with seven new hires. There were no high profile hires to report this week.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Emiliano Córdoba, Mobile Project Manager — Córdoba was PM and Art Director at Clarin Global.
- Pedro Torres, Mobile programmer – Torres is a new addition to the company.
- Sergio García, Designer — García is another new hire at Akamon.
- Xavier Heras, Developer – Heras was a lead game designer at Tanoku.
- José Navarro, Traditional Game Artist – Navarro is also new to the company.
- Victor Manuel Boliches, Flash games designer — Boliches was also hired in this latest mobile-focused round.
- Phil Delude, Head of RAI – Delude will report directly to Akamon’s director of marketing.
- Amy Wilding, customer support champion — Wilding was most recently at A Thinking Ape.
- Ernest Chan and Ken Calder, co-op software engineers — Both currently studying at Simon Fraser University.
- Mark Woo, junior analyst — Woo is a recent SFU grad (communications), and has just finished an internship with Hootsuite.
- Nicholas Obey, junior software engineer / QA — Obey’s a recent graduate of the Art Institute of Vancouver.
- Will Ashmore-Ward, Flash artist — Ashmore-Ward’s a graduate of the commercial animation program at Capilano College.
- Chase Beacham, Community Manager — Beacham was the Co-founder and online community manager for LoLReport.com before joining the team at Funtactix.
- Matt Plotecher, Game Designer – Plotcher has more than seven years of experience in Game Design, most recently with Arkadium.
- Paul Etherington, Java Server Engineer — Etherington previously worked for various investment banks in the City of London.
- Samet Durgun, Marketing Manager – Durgun worked as a business development consultant at Oracle.
- Jack Gilson, Senior Game Artist — Gilson was employed as an art director at Beatnik Games.
- Astrid Castle, Game Artist — Castle worked as a freelancer, previously.
- Reginaldo Valadares, Product Lead — Valadares was a head of studio at Glu Mobile.
- Anna Wening, Office Manager — Wening was formerly an office and account manager at irema Relocation Services.