New hires in social games: Zynga and Rumble Entertainment
Due to recent changes in the way Linkedin displays hiring information we have have changed the format of our weekly new hires posts. Companies who want their new hires included in the post must contact us directly at mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com.
Hiring in the mobile apps sector was down this week with six new hires overall between two companies. Zynga reported the most activity with a round of promotions we reported on earlier this week. The highest profile hires of the week were Brain Schenider and Steve Desilets, both former Zynga employees who joined Rumble Entertainment.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Brian Schneider, Director of Really Important Things – Schneider is a former director of design for Zynga, where he led game design on several titles, including CityVille and Treasure Isle.
- Steve Desilets, Creative Director – Desilets was formerly a design director at Zynga.
- David Ko, Chief Operations Officer – Ko used to be the Chief Mobile Officer of the company.
- Steve Chiang, President of Games – Chiang was the company’s Executive Vice President of Games but was working with Ko to help manage things after Schappert. Chiang’s duties will now include overseeing all new IP on both web and mobile platforms.
- Barry Cottle, Chief Revenue Officer — Cottle joined the company in January from EA and was on the company’s business development team before this.
- Mark Vranesh, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer – Vranesh has been with Zynga for quite some time, even serving as CFO from 2008 to 2010.