New hires in Social games: King.com, Zynga and more
Hiring in the social games sector was down significantly this week with 16 new hires across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, King.com and Zynga reported the most activity with 4 new hires each. Two high profile hires in the social games sector this week are Peter O’Sullivan who joins Kenshoo as VP of Sales, and Min Kim who’s taking over as Nexon’s new CEO.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Phil Katz, Producer — Katz was associate producer at Electronic Arts.
- Carlos Macias, Jr. Programmer — Macias comes to Checkpoint Studios from Radio Satellite Integrators.
- Peter O’Sullivan, VP of Sales — Prior to joining Kenshoo Social, O’Sullivan led the sales, account management, marketing and research teams at Twelvefold Media.
- Ou Kalvin, Business Manager — Kalvin worked at companies like Les Sapins Davoine, Gameloft and Electronic Arts Publishing France before joining King.com.
- Björn Svanström, Game Artist — Svanström was formerly a 3d generalist freelancer.
- Alex Bonel, Video game Producer – Bonel was previously video game producer at Digital Chocolate.
- Michael Leznik, Data Scientist – Game Analytics – Leznik was chief research scientist at Greenlight LTD.
- Skye Shinhae Lee is now UI Designer – Lee worked at companies such as Bionic Panda Games, Gameloft, Redbana, U.S. before joining Loot Drop.
- Min Kim, Chief Executive Officer – Kim was Nexon America’s senior vice president, Live Games.
- Sergi Marcet, 2d Artist — Marcet did freelance work before Joining Social Point.
- Rick Thome, Account Executive – Thome was account executive at Specific Media.
- Paul Chambers, Artist – Chambers was formerly an artist at Outplay Entertainment Ltd.
- Raj Patel, Engineering Manager — Patel worked at Five Mobile Inc. and WebClarity Software Inc before joining Zynga.
- Zee Mannam, Sr.Database Engineer – Mannam was previously Technical Lead at Quantros.
- Alex Soong, Software Engineer — Soong worked at Enlighted inc and Cisco Systems before joining Zynga.
- Brian Tom, Product Manager – Tom joins Zynga from his previous role at Chevron.