New hires in Social games: Wooga, Electronic Arts and Disruptor Beam
Hiring in the social games sector was again down slightly this week with 22 new hires spread between 11 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Wooga reported the most activity with 5 new hires. The highest profile hires in the social games sector this week are Hank Howie, who joins Blue Fang Games as VP of Biz Dev and COO, and Blake Jorgensen who joins Electronic Arts after serving as executive vice president and chief financial officer for Levi Strauss & Co.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Hank Howie, VP of Biz Dev and COO – Howie was founder of Beach Cooler Games, and former president and co-founder of Blue Fang Games.
- Blake Jorgensen, Chief Financial Officer — Jorgensen joins EA after serving as executive vice president and chief financial officer for Levi Strauss & Co. since July 2009.
- Pacha Hornaday, Creative Director – Hornaday was formerly art director at Puro Nectar, Germany.
- Rebekah Ratner-Singh, VP, Client Development & Strategy — Ratner-Singh was marketing manager at Ziba Design.
- Larissa Angus, Illustrator and 3D Artist – Angus was production coordinator at Vigil Games.
- Jeffrey Bian, Software Engineer – Bian was formerly chief technology officer / lead programmer at Funton LLC.
- Patience Elfving, director of business development and partnerships – Before joining Kenshoo Elfving founded SanFlashcisco and worked as a project manager for Advergame development at MTV Networks.
- Luther Patenge, Community Manager – Patenge was previously video game Design instructor at Edventure More.
- Bilal Demirci, iOS Developer – Demirci comes to Peak Games from Selvi Technology where he was software developer.
- Ashley Boyd, Production Artist – Boyd was 2D artist at Crowdstar before joining Disney Playdom.
- Chang Moon, QA Analyst – Moon joins RockYou after working as as QA tester at Atari.
- Roger Agusti Sola, iOS Developer – Agusti was videogame programmer at IGU Games.
- Dani García Rodríguez, iOS Game Developer -- Rodríguez was foremerly programmer at Reactable Systems.
- Robin Pan, iOS Developer – Pan was previously intern iOS developer at Wooga.
- Maike Kronenberg, Event Manager – Kronenberg worked for wikonect GmbH previously in a similar position.
- Georg Baumgarte, Project Manager — Baumgarte worked for GameDuell in a similar position.
- Damien Yvray, Game Designer Balancing – Yvray worked for Digital Chocolate as a game designer as well.
- Thiago Appella, Country Manager – Brazil — Appella worked for Blizzard Entertainment Inc. as associate marketing manager Latin America.
- David Bae, Principal Artist – Bae was artist at Buffalo Studios before coming to Zynga.
- Jason Burton, VFX TD – Burton comes to Zynga after working as FX artist at Blizzard Entertainment.
- Lauren Cason, Associate Artist – was character intern at 38 Studios.
- Rhodnee Zheng, Technical Artist — was foremerly game programmer at Pearl Digital Entertainment.
Correction: A previous draft of this story incorrectly listed Hank Howie under Blue Fang Games.