New hires in social games: Social Point, PlaySpace and Zynga
Hiring in the social games sector was up slightly this week with 35 new hires spread between 8 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Social Point reported the most activity with 12 new hires. Unlike previous weeks, there were no high profile hires reported.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Gregg Metzler, Animator and artist – Meltzer comes to EA PopCap from DigiPen Institute of Technology.
- Matt Fairfax, Sr Software Engineer — Fairfax was senior game programmer at The Playforge.
- Darryll Silva, Player Experience — Silva was formerly senior support coach, mentor at Blizzard Entertainment.
- Loren Hernandez, Game Designer – Hernandez was previously an intern at Romero Archives.
- Bilal Demirci, Junior iOS Developer – Demirci was software developer at Selvi Technology before he joined Peak Games.
- İlkan ÇELİK, Software Engineer – ÇELİK was project manager at Nokta.
- Oscar Guzman, CRM & Retention Manager — Guzman was formerly VIP gaming manager at Sportingbet Plc.
- Juan Serna, User Acquisition Manager — Serna was previously online marketing manager at Mola.com.
- Alejandro Serna, Java developer – Serna was consultant at Piscual.
- Joan Bonet de Miguel, Flash developer — Bonet starts his career at PlaySpace.
- Xavier Pinyol, iOS Developer — Pinyol was an iOS develover at Oonair.
- Guillem Anguera, IT Systems Architect — Anguera was formerly an IT systems architect at Trovit.
- Fernando Gessler, PHP Developer – Gessler was perviously a senior developer at Evolium SL.
- Ricard Clau, Tech Lead & Manager PHP Team – Clau was PHP ninja at Emagister.com before coming to Social Point.
- Montse Llecha, HR Technician – Llecha was becaria departamento administración de pweonal at tecnocom.
- Elías Sanchez, Art — Sanchez previously worked at companies such as Digital Legends and Gameloft.
- Fernando Albea, Art — Albea was formerly a vector and concept artist at Funcom.
- Annique Bustos, QA — Bustos previously worked for Localsoft Triple A testing.
- Alba Rodríguez, Marketing on-line — Rodríguez was previously an online marketing – SEM executive at grupo hotusa, Eurostars Hoteles.
- Diego Ruiz, QA — Ruiz was a senior QA tester at From The Bench before he joined Social Point.
- Daniel García, iOS Developer — García worked for Reactable Systems and was studying at Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Roger Agustí, iOS Developer — Agustí was a videogame programmer at IGU Games.
- Wasif Riaz Malik, Backend Developer – Malik was masters thesis intern at SICS before he joined Wooga.
- Luca Barberis, Marketing Manager – Barberis worked as Key Account Manager at Google.
- Julian Runge, Game Analyst — Runge graduated from Humboldt University.
- Jeanne Lam, University Relations Coordinator – Lam was health services coordinator at Samuel Merritt University.
- Anouk Ben-Tchavtchavadze, Senior UI/UX Artist – Ben-Tchavtchavadze joins Zynga from Ubisoft where she was presentation art director, user interface artist.
- James Shargo, Software Engineering Intern – Shargo was formerly software engineer co-op at TripAdvisor.
- Ashwin Raghunathan, Software Engineer – Raghunathan graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Elliot Kuykendall is now QA Engineer I – Kuykendall was previously QA lead at THQ.
- Andrew Everson, Advertising Sales — Everson was a senior account executive at Shopper Sciences.
- Harris Chu, Software Engineer — Chu was software engineering intern at Qualcomm before he joined Zynga.
- Sarath Chandra Deevi, Associate Software Engineer – Deevi is a graduate of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Chandru Kumar, Production Artist – Kumar was formerly Production Artist at Chakpak Media.