New hires in social gaming: TrialPay, Adparlor and GameHouse
Hiring in the social gaming industry was up this week, with 10 companies reporting 26 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with eight hires. The week’s most significant move went to TrialPay which brought on Jim Gerber as senior vice president of sales and partnerships.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Rachel Kovalev, Senior Marketing Manager – Kovalev was previously a product manager at Sprint Nextel.
- Mike Empey, Sales Engineer — Two hires this week for AdParlor. Empey comes from RIM, where he was a software development specialist.
- Ken Woloson, Sales Director — Woloson was previously a strategic consultant at Rich Relevance.
- Hwang Nguyen, Animator — Nguyen was formerly a 2D animator at WayForward Technologies.
- John Marinakis, Lead Artist/Animator — First up for Vancouver-based East Side Games is Marinakis, who is promoted from artist.
- Susannah Skerl, Social connector and Talent Ninja — Skerl was previously a community manager at Full Indie.
- Dana Smith, Senior Artist — Smith comes from DHX Media where he worked as an animator on the My Little Pony series.
- Adam Young, Senior Software Engineer — Young was most recently with Gamma Entertainment as a senior PHP developer.
- Raphael Barreto, Web Developer — Barreto was the lead programmer at MadFx.
- Keela Robison, Vice President, Operations — A high profile hire for GameHouse this week as well, Robison was formerly a director of product at Amazon.com.
- Thomas Fontaine, Development Director — Fontaine was previously an architect and manager at Athoc.
- Karl Harmer, Mobile Client Engineer — Harmer was formerly a research associate at the university of Kent.
- Saikala Sultanova, Marketing Manager — Sultanova was previously a marketing coordinator.
- Ana Kostic, Online Marketing Manager — Two hires this week at Social Point. Kostic was previously an account manager and PPC consultant at Relevant Traffic.
- Guillem Anguera, Senior Systems Administrator — Anguera comes from Trovit, where he was an IT systems architect.
- Jim Gerber, Senior Vice President of Sales and Partnerships — Three big hires for TrialPay this week as well. Gerber was previously the Director, Strategic Partnerships at Google.
- Chris Davis, Vice President of Brand Sales — Davis comes to TrialPay from Gaia Interactive, where he was the senior vice president of global sales.
- Rob Schneider, Managing Director of Europe — Schneider was previously the senior director of global business development at Zanox.
- Lisa Revelli, Senior Communications Manager — Several hires for Zynga this week. Revelli was previously the senior manager, corporate communications at Ubisoft.
- Aniraj Kesavan, Associate Software Engineer – Kesavan moves up from an internship position at Zynga.
- Linbin Yu, Software Engineer Intern — Yu takes on a summer internship at Zynga.
- Mark Lohstroh, Software Intern — Lohstroh also begins an internship.
- Roshan Musthafa, Associate Software Engineer — Musthafa begins his career at Zynga.
- Christopher Haire, Senior Software Engineer — Haire was a lead programmer at Firaxis Games.
- Purvesh Karkamkar, Associate Software Engineer — Karkamkar also starts his career at Zynga.
- William Chou, Software Engineer — Finally Chou joins Zynga from Arkadium, where he worked as a game programmer.