New hires in social gaming: Eruptive Games, Mob Science and East Side Games
Hiring in the social gaming industry was up this week, with 13 companies reporting 27 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga and Vancouver’s Eruptive Games reported the most activity with five hires. The highest profile move of the week belonged to Mob Science which saw David Callahan come on as vice president of product and operations.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Christopher Lucas, Product Manager — Lucas joins the company’s Tokyo team, overseeing social games on Mixi and Yahoo! Mobile.
- Mauri Jääskö, Game Programmer — Jääskö was previously a lead programmer at Tuonela Productions.
- Damon Osgood, Lead Programmer — Osgood was formerly a principal lead programmer for gameplay at Electronic Arts.
- Steven Alatorre, Software Engineer — Alatorre was previously a software design engineer at Cequint, Inc.
- Jon Chew, Jr. Game Analyst – Chew was previously a marketing intern at Invoke Media.
- Jennifer Kim, Co-op Software Engineer — Kim has previously worked as a co-op toolset developer at Polycom.
- Jason Verhiel, Software Engineer — Verhiel was formerly an AI engineer at Slant Six Games.
- Derek Young, Product Director — Young co-founded Sanity Check Entertainment and was an artist at Radical Entertainment, before joining Eruptive Games.
- Ryan Smith, Community Manager — Smith comes to Eruptive Games from ADK, where he was a fraud manager.
- Rui Qian, Interactive Designer — Qian was previously a technical artist at EA.
- Isaac Murdock, QA Lead — Murdock was a quality assurance lead at A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.
- Melany Hamill, Project Manager — Hamill comes to Eruptive from HotHead Games, where she was the studio manager.
- Michael Holcomb, Senior Artist — Holcomb was previously an artist as Mass Media.
- Michael Pierce, Marketing Manager – Pierce moves up at Kabam, from an SEM analyst to marketing manager.
- Alexander Skepp, Creative Solutions – Ad Operations — Skepp comes to the King.com team from Midasplayer AB, where he was a graphic designer.
- David Callahan, Vice President of Product and Operations — This week’s highest profile hire belongs to Mob Science. Callahan was previously a product manager at Zynga, working on the Mafia Wars franchise.
- Chad Wilson, Senior Game Designer — Wilson was previously the lead game designer at Crowdstar.
- Guy Goldberg, Affiliate Manager – Goldberg was formerly with Extent Technologies, where he was also an affiliate manager.
- Segilola Jolaosho, Associate Customer Relationship Manager — Jolaosho makes a major career jump in joining Plumbee. She was previously a restaurant manager.
- In other Plumbee news Owen O’Donnell has joined the company’s board as an independent non-executive director. O’Donnell was previously the CFO at Financial Times, Betfair, King.com and Joost. He is also a director with Rank Group.
- Paolo Iannelli, Back End Performance Engineer — Iannelli was the tech lead and software architect of LeaseWeb CDN.
- Frank van Gemeren, Front-End Performance Engineer – Before joining Spil, van Gemeren was a core CMS developer (back-end) and general web developer at insyde.nl.
- Lucas Rolff, Performance Engineer — Rolff was a web developer in Denmark before joining the Spil team.
- Ryan Bitanga, Software Engineer — Zynga grabs four team members from the Lolapps side of 6waves Lolapps. Bitanga was previously a software engineer at 6waves Lolapps.
- Benjamin Hurst, QA Engineer I – Poker — Hurst was a QA tester at 6waves Lolapps.
- Tian Han, Software Engineer — Han was a game developer at 6waves Lolapps.
- Jerry Tzeng, Concept Artist — Tzeng was a senior 2D artist at 6waves Lolapps.
- Kenneth Cromack, QA Engineer — Before joining Zynga Cromack was a production specialist/quality assurance analyst at HighWire Press.