New hires in social gaming: Akamon Entertainment, Double Down Interactive and Zynga
Hiring in the social gaming industry was down after last week’s peak, with seven companies reporting 18 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with six hires. This week Akamon Entertainment and Progame reported high profile moves. Akamon brought on Ignasi Faus as director of analytics and user experience, and Marc Vicente as marketing director. Meanwhile Programe appointed Eran Kariti as CTO.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Ignasi Faus, Director of Analytics and User Experience — Two high profile hires for Akamon Entertainment in our weekly roundup. Faus was previously a member of the Windows Shell Team at Microsoft.
- Marc Vicente, Marketing Director — Vicente was previously the e-commerce director at Spanish airline Spanair.
- David Garay, Software Developer – Returning to our roundup after a prolonged absence, Double Down Interactive brings on Garay as a software developer.
- Allie Ello, Senior Manager, Head of Online Marketing Strategy — A high profile hire for EA-owned PopCap Games. Ello was a group account director at VML.
- William Curtis, Flash Developer – Curtis was previously a software developer at Jolt Online Gaming.
- Joyce Zhang, Executive Assistant – Zang was formerly a sales & operations coordinator at Warner Bros. Television.
- Eran Kariti, CTO — Kariti comes to Progame from Active Labs Ltd, where he was also CTO.
- Leonard Andreae, Game Producer — Four hires this week for Social Point. Andreae was formerly a game designer at Gameforge.
- Sandra Parra, Recruiter — Parra comes to Social Point from an HR position at Everis.
- Agustín Díaz, Datamining Manager — Díaz was previously an account manager at TNS Research International.
- Marc Jarpa, Senior PHP Developer — Jarpa also joins the Social Point team as a senior PHP developer.
- Matt Basnett, Sr. Systems Engineer — Several hires this week for Zynga. Basnett was previously a windows systems administrator at Taos.
- Faye Hsu, Freelance Concept Artist – Hsu joins the Zynga team as a freelancer.
- Chris Carley, QA Engineer — Carley was a QA tester II at NCsoft.
- Sheetal Chopra, QA Manager — Chopra was formerly the director, quality assurance at Hobsons.
- Zhao Ma, Software Engineer — Ma was a Software Engineer at Yottaa.
- Laarni Buhay-Canoy, Office Manager – Finally Buhay-Canoy was an executive assistant at Summit Partners.