New hires in social gaming: Disney Playdom, Kabam and Plumbee
Hiring in the social games industry was up slightly this week, with eight companies reporting 14 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity. The week’s most notable hire went to Peak Games, which brought on Ahmed Alsafar as its director of MMO Games in the Middle East and North Africa.
In related news, former EA Playfish vice president John Earner has joined Plumbee’s advisory board. Earner left EA in January to take a position as an entrepreneur in residence at Accel Partners. Earner is the second Playfish alumni to join Plumbee’s board, following Dan Fiden, Playfish’s former U.S. general manager.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Travis Marshall, Associate Producer – Marshall was previously a technical analyst at Diamond Game.
- Miriam Shen, Project Coordinator – Shen join’s PopCap’s Chinese office. She was formerly a production coordinator at Xinhua Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
- Vivian Han, Analyst Intern – Kabam reports two hires this week. Han was previously the retail marketing supervisor at Nike Sports.
- Marielle Piccolo, Player Experience France – Italy - Piccolo joins Kabam’s customer service team.
- James Bellenger, Server Engineer - Bellenger was previously a senior software engineer at Redux.
- Johannes Zint, Game Designer - Zint starts his career at Newtracks as a game designer.
- Ahmed Alsafar, Director of MMO Games – MENA - Peak reports a high profile hire this week with Alsafar, who was formerly the business development manager (MENA & Asia) at Looki Publishing GmbH.
- Barkin Basaran, Product Specialist – Basaran is fresh from a position as the marketing and communications intern at Mercedes-Benz Turkey.
- Ian Morrison, Automated Infrastructure Engineer – Morrison comes to Plumbee after a 10 year stint running IT service company Darq Ltd.
- Christopher Fortier, Product Manager – Fortier was formerly the chief operating officer at Agora Health Networks.
- Souvik Mukherjee, Test Lead-QA - Mukherjee was previously a senior QA specialist at K2 Network.
- Gemma Kelly, Senior CS Manager Zynga Player Advocacy & Service - Kelly comes from a position as the operations delivery manager at Sportingbet.
- Jagan Mohan, Software QA Engineer - Mohan was previously the senior authoring engineer at Technicolor India Pvt Ltd.
- Frank Benedetto, Super Moderator - Benedetto joins Zynga’s community management team as a Super Moderator.