New hires in social gaming: Digital Chocolate, Playdom and Peak Games
Hiring in the social gaming industry was up this week, with 11 companies reporting 16 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Digital Chocolate, GSN, Social Point and Zynga reported the most activity. There were no significant or executive hires to report this week.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jesse Flanagan, Project Lead - 6waves Lolapps starts off our hiring roundup with one hire. Flanagan was formerly a producer at Escalation Studios.
- Kim Larsen, Server Programmer – Larsen was previously a programmer at Anuntis Segundamano.
- Javier Soto Huesa, Programmer – Soto Huesa gets a promotion, moving up from his former position as a junior client programmer.
- Niels van de Groep, Game Localization Specialist – van de Groep was previously an intern at New Day at Work.
- Stephanie Shaw, Associate Product Manager - A pair of hires at GSN. Shaw was previously an intern at Krupp Kommunications.
- Brian Duenas, Designer – Duenas was formerly a JR art director at ETA Advertising.
- Yangyi He, Data Analyst - A single hire for Kixeye as well this week. He was a statistical programmer at Return Metrics before joining the company.
- Nükhet Savaş, Community Manager - Savaş begins her career at Peak Games.
- Rachel Donné, UI/UX Designer - Donné was previously a graphic designer at Zazzle.
- Hannele Teräs, Product Manager – Teräs was previously a community manager and product manager at Digital Chocolate.
- Sara Guerola, Community Manager – Guerola comes to Social Point from a marketing background.
- Ming-Yung (Marlos) Hu, Junior Game Designer – A rare hire for Tetris Online. Hu was formerly a game designer at Digital Madhouse.
- Riku Heino, Game Designer / Graphical Artist – Trainee - Heino comes to Wooga from Demola, where he was a designer.
- Paul Wu, 3D artist – Three hires for Zynga. First up is Wu who was formerly an environment artist at Sucker Punch Productions.
- Primo Gallanosa, Artist (Contractor) - Gallanosa was art lead at Meteor Games before taking a contract with Zynga.
- Brent Thale, Software Engineer - Thale was also a software engineer at TimeGate Studios.