New hires in social gaming: King.com, Wooga, Zynga
Hiring in the social gaming industry was up after the holiday break, with seven companies reporting new hires and promotions. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, King.com showed the most activity this week as it announced 23 recent hires. King.com, Kixeye and Zynga also had the highest profile moves, with King.com promoting Lars Jörnow to VP of mobile games, Kixeye adding a new position called VP of customer insights and Zynga bringing on Disney/Playdom’s former VP-executive producer Randy Dersham as general manager.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll share your news in an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Sunny Yang, President/CEO Assistant - IGG makes a high level administrative hire this week, bringing on Yang from Blount where she was the GM Secretary.
- Levina Nilsson, Product Manager Social & Mobile Games
- Gustav Stenmark, Product Manager Social & Mobile Games
- Gunnar Eketrapp, Senior System Developer
- Erik Byström, System Developer
- Gustaf Jilkén, Key Account Manager, Advertising Sales
- Mille Trygg, Art Director
- Thomas Vedel Larsen, Performance Manager Skill Games
- Marcus Dahlgren, Senior Producer Social Games
- Carl Gustav Bäckström, Art Director
- Anna Bongenhielm, Business Intelligence Developer
- David Pamsjö, HR Manager
- Oskar Lund, System Developer
- Daniel Persson, Head of Studio Malmö
- Tobias Nyblom, Product Manager Social & Mobile Games
- Sara Norberg, Game Developer
- Evangelos Vrocharis, QA Social & Mobile Games
- Simon Hansson, QA Social & Mobile Games
- Renate Baier, Partner Manager
- Sanna Söderström, Advertising Operations Director
- Esperia Stefanidou, Marketing Analyst
- Sean Chapman, Facebook Marketing Specialist
- Wayne Emanuel, Key Account Manager, Advertising Sales
- Lars Jörnow, VP Mobile Games - King.com’s highest profile announcement is the promotion of Jörnow to its vice president of mobile games. Jörnow was previously the senior producer and product manager for Bubble Witch Saga.
- Neil Shepard, VP of Customer Insights - Kixeye brings on Shepard for a newly created position, VP of customer insights. Shepard was previously the vice president of paid media at online marketing company Quinstreet.
- Owen Martin, Data Scientist - Kontagent makes a single hire this week, bringing on Martin from RSA Group, where he was a senior statistician.
- Brooke Shade, Office Coordinator – RockYou brings on Shade from Logitech, where she was an executive assistant.
- Mikita Fedarenka, Senior Designer - Wooga picks up Fedarenka from Belka Technologies, where he was a lead artist.
- Alex Euting, QA Engineer – Euting was previously a QA tester at Sony Online Entertainment.
- Randy Dersham, General Manager – Zynga made this week’s highest profile hire, bringing on Dersham from Disney/Playdom where he was a VP-executive producer.