Facebook Announces “Top” 2011 Games
Facebook has compiled a list of its most popular games for 2011, as well as lists of other games with notable achievements for the year.
The data was compiled primarily using active user counts and user reviews. Facebook adjusted its methods for counting active users in October, which may have had an impact on the final figures used to compile its lists. Facebook also tells us that, of its monthly gamers, 25% play at least ever other day with the average gamer playing more than three different titles per month.
Here’s the list of Facebook’s top 10 most popular:
Most popular games in 2011
- Gardens of Time (By Playdom)
- The Sims Social (By EA)
- Cityville (By Zynga)
- DoubleDown Casino (by DoubleDown Entertainment)
- Indiana Jones Adventure World (By Zynga)
- Words With Friends (By Zynga)
- Bingo Blitz (By Buffalo Studios)
- Empires & Allies (By Zynga)
- Slotomania-Slot Machines (By Playtika)
- Diamond Dash (By wooga)
Facebook also broke out special categories for the fashion, sports, and casino genres as well as a category for most popular games with 50,000 to 100,000 users and another for games with highest engagement figures in the 100,000 to 500,000 user category. You can check these out on Facebook’s blog.