New Hires in Social Gaming: Kabam, KlickNation, Meteor Games, & More
It’s another busy week in the social hiring world, as the new year continues to bring new hires across the board according to data from LinkedIn. This time around, 11 social companies have brought on new faces with two making some major hires. From Kabam, Ted L. Simon joins the team as their new Vice-President of Brand Marketing & Communications, and at Zynga, Jason Allen joins as a Director of Development.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
And for those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Zhou Mao Jie — Jie joins Kabam as their newest associate producer. Jie’s prior role was as a project manager for Ubisoft.
- William Coyner — Now a 2D art intern for Kabam, Coyner was previously a student at the Academy of Art University.
- Ted L. Simon — As previously stated, Ted L. Simon joins Kabam as their new VP of brand marketing and communications. He was previously principal at SocialPoint Solutions, Ted Simon Strategic Consulting.
- Ryan Galletta — Now a freelance writer for Kabam, Galletta was filling this same role, previously, at Action Pants.
- John DeMarchi — Now a Jr. artist for KlickNation, DeMarchi was previously a character artist intern at Ghost Rabbit Entertainment.
- Nathanael Ness — Ness joins KickNation as a software engineer. Prior to this, Ness was a product tester for Nintendo.
- Andrew Bibby — Previously a developer for SurfMerchants LLC., Bibby is now a programmer for KlickNation.
- Michael Bilodeau — KlickNation gains a project manager with Bilodeau, a former producer for Majesco Entertainment.
- Mario De Govia — De Govia joins KlickNation as their newest producer. Before this he was a senior product marketing manager for Prima Games.
- Stephanie Cramer — Previously a production coordinator for “LA Noire” Team Bondi and Rockstar Games, Cramer is now an associate producer for KlickNation.
- Michael Hurly — Hurley joins the Meteor Games team as their new senior technical recruiter. Before this, he was a filling the same role for the Walt Disney Internet Group.
- Iara Senez — Senez joins Metrogames as an HR analyst SSr. She was previously an HR assistant at IT Convergence.
- Deborshi Saha — Now a software engineer for MindJolt, Saha was previously an Android developer for Okkanym Dositek.
- Shravan Reddy — Reddy joins Playdom as a software engineer. Prior to this, Reddy was a software developer associate at ZS Associates.
- Jim Wang — Now a viral product manager for Playdom, Wang was previously a section/project engineer at Simmons International Ltd.
- Anshu Das — Playdom gains a new associate product manager for the monetization team with Das, a former business analyst for Accenture.
- Bertram Chan — Chan joins Playfish as their new senior manager of strategic partners. Before this, he was a practice associate, global business network at Monitor Group.
- Helen Williamson — Playfish gains a new senior server side developer with Williamson, a former systems developer for Aquila.
- Michael Hulme — Hulme joins RockYou! as the new studio art director. Before this, he was the creative director at Reactrix Systems, Inc.
- Matt Tubergen — W3i filled us in on their latest product manager higher, Tubergen, to head up its Recharge Studios investment fund for social mobile games. His previous role stems from freelancing in the mobile gaming field as well as working as a director for THQ Wireless.
- Knut Nesheim — A single hire for wooga this week, as Nesheim joins the team as a developer. He was previously an Erlang developer at Klarna AB.
- Slade Villena — Villena starts off the Zynga list of hires, joining the team as a software engineer. He was previously chief of operations at Mercenary Games.
- Eli Blatt — Now a user researcher at Zynga, Blatt was previously a consultant at C1 Consulting.
- Laura Sullivan — Sullivan is now an integration operation’s coordinator for Zynga. She was previously a sports department intern at CBS5.
- Don Gagen — A former art lead for Microsoft, Gagen is now a senior lead artist for Zynga.
- Jason Allen — As noted prior, Jason Allen is now director of development at Zynga. His prior experience stems from Geeknet, where he was VP of engineering.
- Moti Bahat — Bahat is now an associate producer at Zynga. Before this, Bahat was a studio manager and associate producer for the recently acquired Area/Code.
- Dave Woodward — Formerly a legal director for Yahoo!, Woodward is now mobile BD at Zynga.
- Alex Tween — Tween joins Zynga as a senior software engineer. He previously filled the same role at Sudden Industries.
- Neha Joshi — Now a QA engineer for Zynga, Joshi was previously a research scientist at McAffe.
- Jim Vessella — Zynga gains a new senior producer with Vessella, a former producer of Electronic Arts.
- Carson Sloan — Previously a designer at 300FeetOut, Sloan is now a graphic designer for Zynga.
- Troy Gilbert — Gilbert joins Zynga as a senior software engineer. He was previously a solution architect at Electronic Arts.