New Hires In Social Gaming: Booyah, Kabam, MindJolt, & More
After a quiet previous week of hiring, things are starting to pick back up. It isn’t a tremendously busy week, save for Zynga, according to data from LinkedIn, but of the top developers, seven are seeing changes or new faces, including quite a few big hires.
Booyah is getting a new Director of Business Development in the form of Shawn Foust and RockYou is getting a new Director & Corporate Controller with Mei Costello. The big hires don’t stop here either, as Zynga gains a new member of its Corporate Counsel with Stephanie Adamson King as well as an even bigger name in the form of Yahoo’s former head of its U.S. Audience unit, David Ko, who will now take the helm of Zynga’s mobile division. As for the overall numbers, this week has still proved more of an average week of hires, with only one or two for most companies.
If there’s anyone we missed, and your company is bringing on new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
As for people who are hiring, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s list:
- Shawn Foust –As noted prior, Shawn Foust is the new Director of Business Development as well as General Counsel for Booyah. Previously, he was the Head of the Video Game Industry Team at Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP.
- Amit Ranade — Kabam gets a new Executive Producer this week as Ranade joins the team. Ranade’s prior role was as a Senior Producer at Hi5.
- James Holloway — Also joining Kabam as an Executive Producer is Holloway who was previously part of Product Management at CrowdStar.
- Carolina Tello –In the art department, Tello joins Kabam as a new Art Lead. Her past role was as a Senior Concept Artist at Paragon Studios.
- Marc Siegel – A single hire for MindJolt this week, as Siegel joins the team as their newest Community Manager. Prior experience stems from TBD where he was an Online Community Manager and Social Media Consultant.
- Robert Anthony — Playdom makes an internal change as Anthony changes roles from a QA Lead to a Product Manager.
- Swapnil Patni – Formerly a Senior Product Developer at Stratify, Patni joins Playdom as a new Technical Lead.
- Andreas Polyviou – Joining Playfish as a new Games Artist, Polyviou comes with a 3D Animator background from Blue-Zoo Productions.
- Jonathan Klein – Now a Sales Planner for RockYou, Klein’s prior experience was as an Account Coordinator for CBS Interactive.
- Mei Costello — Costello joins RockYou as its new Director & Corporate Controller after serving as the VP of Finance & Administration at Gala-Net.
- Nicole Guico –In an internal change for RockYou, Guico changes from a Social Media Marketing Account Manager/Campaign Manager to an Account Manager of International Sales (EMEA).
- David Ko — As noted, the former head of Yahoo’s U.S. Audience unit, David Ko, is leaving his role to head up Zynga’s mobile division.
- Kevin Yun — Yun joins Zynga as a new Sr. QA Lead. Yun comes from Sony Computer Entertainment America, where he was a TRC Supervisor – Format QA.
- Stephanie Adamson King –Stephanie Adamson King becomes part of the Corporate Counsel at Zynga. Prior to this, she was a Senior Manager, Legal at Gilead Sciences.
- Kyle Sun — Once a Summer Intern, Sun moves up in Zynga to a Software Engineer.
- Robert Hilario –Formerly a CS Lead for Mobile Games at Zynga, Hilario is now a Community Specialist for Mobile Games.
- Laura Dansingani – Previously a KIN Product Manager for Microsoft, Dansingani joins Zynga as a Sr. Mobile Product Manager.
- Robert Zubek –Another internal change at Zynga as Zubeck moves from Senior Software Engineer to Principal Software Engineer.
- Michael Judge –In yet another Zynga change, Judge switches from Art Director to Creative Lead.
- Kevin Bernstein — Joining Zynga as a new Systems Administrator is Bernstein whose prior experience comes from Genentech, where he was a Systems Engineer.
- Ajinkya Apte — Apte is a new Software Engineer for Zynga. Previously, he was a Graduate Student at the University of Southern California.
- Rocco Di Leo –Now a Country Manager at Zynga, Di Leo was previously CEO at Dextrose AG.