The Top 25 Facebook Games for September 2009
Well, it’s been quite the month for Facebook as we continued to see the astounding growth of games centered around the simple concept of farming! While it was last month that Zynga reached the #1 spot with its brand new title, FarmVille, this month proves to be no different. However, while the standings are the same, the numbers behind those standings are quite astonishing.
Zynga continues with an impressive five titles within the Top 25 and two within the Top 5. Playfish also continues to hold strong with six titles in the top 25, showing the value of highly polished and creative designs. Nonetheless, this past month also played host to a number of new faces as well.
Here are the highlights from the past month:
- Easily the top story of the month is FarmVille. Having only been around since July, this Zynga title has become one of the single, fastest growing games on Facebook, effectively doubling its monthly active users over the course of August to reach 33 million people.
- Mafia Wars regained its #2 spot with about 19 million monthly uniques as Slashkey‘s Farm Town moved back up in the rankings to #3 with over 18 million.
- Playfish’s classic title, Pet Society gains over 1.5 million users to overtake, long time favorite, Texas HoldEm, coming in at #5.
- A popular MySpace game from Playdom made its first appearance in the Top 25 with almost 5.5 million monthly actives at #11 - Sorority Life – and Playfish’s own rendition of simple living, Country Story also makes its debut at #14
- The German social developer wooga also gets its new game up in the charts at #16 with the quiz game, Brain Buddies, which, surprisingly, beat out the classic Playfish app, Who Has The Biggest Brain?, which fell behind at #17.
- Lastly, another developer, Offbeat Creation, gets its first appearance at #23 with a drinking challenge game, Chug It!
Certainly, August has been an eventful month, and the momentum isn’t slowing down any time soon. With new games and apps appearing constantly, it is impossible to predict who will climb in popularity next. To that end, if ever you feel something ought to be included on this list that we missed, let us know.