The Top 25 Facebook Games for March 2009
The last month has been quite the competitive one. Normally, it wouldn’t be unusual for games to switch rankings (even by a large margin), but this month had some seemingly staggering shifts. So here they are, the Top 25 Facebook Games for March 2009.
- First and foremost, Zynga’s Mafia Wars took home a monthly user base nearly 4 million people larger than that of last month (7.4 million vs 3.8 million) and moved up from #9 to #4. By the same token, the growth has not been as prominent for Mob Wars with its monthly user count dropping by half and its ranking from #11 to #13.
- Geo Challenge has worked it’s way up to #6 overall, and is now the 2nd most popular Playfish game on Facebook, second only to the behemoth that is Pet Society.
- Out of left field comes YoVille, with over a million users gained. This puts it at #7, and ahead of most of the Playfish titles (which, last month, were almost all in the Top 10).
- World War is loosing a bit of steam, as it has decreased by about 300,000 users. Has the novelty has worn off? Next month will tell more.
- And finally, there are Zynga’s Street Racing and Vampire Wars that just recently found their way on the boards, coming in at #22 and #23.
Suffice to say, it has been a huge month for Zynga as they now hold six titles within the Facebook Top 25. Normally, this chart has been dominated primarily by Playfish’s suite of six apps, but now the charts are evening out. While Playfish still holds the numbers over Zynga, should the latter’s upward trend continue that may very well change.